Wednesday 20 December 2006

Twas the week before Christmas....

Well it's the week before Christmas, and so far it's been good. We had our Children's Christmas party on Saturday which was rowdy (I nearly lost my voice) but we had about twenty there and it went well. On Sunday I preached on 2 Timothy 4:1-8 in the evening, which was a real stretch, it's a text I felt like I collapsed under the weight of. I almost phoned Alan up to tell him I couldn't preach. But God is good.

And now it's the week after Christmas. It was great to be in Townhill on Christmas day, Rachel and I had beef dinner and went and visited our parents. We got back to Townhill, and went to our friends Alison and Dave's wedding. On Sunday I preached on the second half of 2 Timothy 4. This week I'm doing some prep, finishing my essay on Job, and doing some thinking about how to door to door in a way that works in Townhill. Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments: